Friday, October 12, 2007

October 12, thing 7. Podcasting

Podcasting is a great thing, and it has a lot of potential for the library community as well as for the whole internet community. It wasn't difficult to add podcasts to the Google Reader, although I spend more time looking through different podcasts from the 10 team list. Thank you very much, I found many interesting podcasts for my own and professional interests. I liked the list of podcasts from the National Library of Medicine on many current issues, I liked teen podcats from libraries like Boulder PL, Warthington libraries, etc. Santa Cruz Library put together a "Synergy Lecture Series"- a great educational resource. But most of all I liked the ESL podcasts through the Learn out Loud. These are highly educational podcasts for those learning english as a second language. The host speaks slowly, he uses both formal and informal language, and explains the the nuance of each new word or phrase. I also liked the topics chosen.
These ESL podcasts could be a good addition to our online resources. In SkokieTalk blog we are using podcats for quite a while.

1 comment:

rich said...

hi kate, nice post. btw, you probably know this already, but you can add links to your blog entry to make it easier for visitors to check out the stuff you mention. more info here