Thursday, October 25, 2007

October 25, Thing 10, the last one!

For the last decade libraries changed tremendously and they’ll continue to change. There are many articles written in professional and non-professional literature about where libraries are going and what is their future if any. One thing is clear – libraries should change and will change, adapting any new technology to the traditional library setting. The idea will stay the same, but the form might be different: from traditional book to ebook; from fliers to electronic newsletter; from regular video’s/DVDs to downloadable videos, etc.
I am actively use and submit information for SkokieNet, SkokieTalk, Flickr, I actively use SPL toolbar which I like a lot. For the last several days I played with the downloadable digital collection, and I successfully downloaded several audio books. The Netlibrary books are much easy to download, but North Suburban Digital Consortium gives much more possibilities, even if you need to download some software.
Finally I can transport my audio books to my Palm.
It’ll be nice to merge the Skokie Net and Skokie Talk to one big blog, or perhaps create one big library blog with different sections, where each librarian might have a portion to be responsible for. I get used to our library web site, but I know it'll be changed relatively soon because it is a non stop process. I might have more ideas in the future.

1 comment:

rich said...

i think you're completely right that things are always changing on the web. websites these days are constantly adding new features, functionality, improvements..

congrats on finishing!