Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 17, Thing 9

Every now and then I use Google Documents. The first thing I did, I moved some of my important documents to Google, and for me it is very handy, I can retrieve them literally from anywhere in the world. We can't compare Google Documents with Microsoft products, because the key feature for Google is sharing and editing, and this is what makes them unique so far. The sharing, editing and publishing options are great. I can picture kids or college students working together (two heads are better than one) on different projects. Of course we can't expect many formatting options from Google, but I am sure this program will serve many people. As for the SMS products from Google, I've checked the demo, but do not have this options on my phone to try. I am still pretty happy with traditional SMS exchange.

1 comment:

rich said...

good point kate. i think you're right that people who want a full-featured word processor will end up using microsoft word still.